K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool Download
Codec Tweak Tool latest version 6.2.0 from direct download link is now ready. It is a multimedia application that scans your computer for broken filters and remove them all. After the scanning, if there are some broken links in result, then you will see the options to remove these broken items. There are also more options and it support about 250 popular codecs and manage them and much more.
K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool can detects and removes broken VFW/ACM codecs and DirectShow filters, re-registers base DirectShow filters, clears the Windows icon cache, resets, backups or restores settings and checks the speaker configuration.
With this tool you can do things like:
- Scan the registry to detect and remove broken references to codecs and filters.
- Generate a detailed log of all installed codecs and filters.
- Enable/disable more than 250 popular codecs and filters (if they are installed).
- Manage preferred source filters (a.k.a. splitters).
- Reset settings.
- Backup and restore settings.
- Adjust preferred decoders on Windows 7/8.
- Various tweaks for disabling MS codecs on Windows 7/8.
K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool is very easy to use, but starters may need to search the Internet for info on different tools. Expert users might be delighted with the log generator that can create a full report comprising general system info a list of installed DirectShow filters, ACM/VFW codecs and filters and DirectX Media Objects.